A Meeting Room at the Hamlin Memorial Library is available primarily for use for library events. Other organizations and groups may rent the room with approval of the Board of Directors when a completed Meeting Room Application is presented. Reservations may be made on a first come first served basis up to 60 days in advance. The Library reserves the right to deny or cancel any reservation.
Signature on the application indicates the renter agrees to the following rules and regulations:
1. No Fees may be charged to participants
2. Capacity may not exceed 60 people.
3. Parking is limited. Events held during regular hours may require Renter to find alternate parking.
4. Fees and deposits must be made in advance. Final confirmation will occur when full payment is made. The Renter must meet with the Librarian to review all terms of the Agreement. If a key is required, it must be picked up at the Library during regular hours the day of the event or one day prior to the event if the library is not open.
5. Applicant is responsible for set up of tables and chairs and clean up of space following the event. The room must be left in the same condition in which it was found the same day of the event. Trash must be placed in garbage bags in the designated garbage can. 6. The Library is not responsible for items or belongings left in the Meeting Room after the event.
7. Use of the Meeting Room must not interfere with the normal use of the library. All activities should be planned and held within the Meeting Room.
8. Criminal activity is prohibited in the Library and its grounds.
9. Pamphlets or other materials may be displayed only within the Meeting Room. Advertising or displays for the event may only occur outside the Meeting Room with the express approval of the Librarian or Board of Directors prior to the event. 10. Smoking of any product and smokeless tobacco products is expressly prohibited.
11. Alcoholic beverages may not be served on Library property unless specifically approved by the Board of Directors prior to the event.
12. Activities which would violate federal, state, or local laws are prohibited.
13. Activities which might reasonably be expected to cause physical damage to the building, its content, or grounds are prohibited. If damage occurs, the Renter will forfeit the Damage Deposit and will be required to pay the entire cost of repairs/replacements. Such incidents may effect future approval for use of the Meeting Room.
14. When events occur outside of regular Library hours a key for the side door will be issued. The key must be picked up during regular Library hours. The side door is the only door permitted for use. It is the responsibility of the renter to secure the building at the end of the event. The key should be placed in an envelope and deposited in the Book Return at the main entrance. A deposit of $25.00 will be required when picking up the key. The deposit will be returned when the key is returned as required.
15. An additional fee will be incurred when food is served. See the fee schedule. Any cleaning that is required as a result of spilled food or beverage will incur an additional charge for cleaning or repair/replacement. All trash must be collected and removed at the end of the event.
16. During regular Library hours, children under the age of seven accompanying an adult must remain with the adult in the Meeting Room. Children over the age of seven may use the public area but will be sent into the Meeting Room if they are unable to follow Library Rules.
17. Refunds will be made for cancellations if the Renter notifies the Librarian/ Assistant by personal contact in person or speaking directly by phone (message not accepted) at least 48 hours in advance.
18. Exceptions to the above policy may only be made by approval of the Board of Directors.
Fee Schedule Individuals/Businesses
Up to 2 (two) hours - $25 ($35 with food/beverages) Up to 4 (four) hours - $45 ($55 with food/beverages) Up to 8 (eight) hrs. - $85 ($95 with food/beverages)
NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS may use the room for a donation
123 South Mechanic Street / P.O. Box 422 / Smethport, PA / 814-887-9262 / email@example.com